The Little Sisters of St. Theresa
Since it started, PHC has focused its efforts on the primary school and the orphanage for girls managed by the Little Sisters of St. Theresa who have served the poorest of the poor in Haiti for over 60 years and enjoy the trust of the communities where they work. Today, the sisters are in charge of 40 missions in all nine regions of Haiti.
The partnership with the Little Sisters began at a time when the school and orghanage were fighting for their survival. Four years later, in January 2010, the devastating earthquake that struck Haiti presented another challenge for the school as enrollment more than doubled from 300 students to more than 600.
Our External Partners
PHC is grateful for the support of organizations that have made possible better-equiped classrooms, nutritional daily meals, textbooks to all students, an early childhood education program, and scholarships for orphans attending secondary schools and, in one case, a university.
The organizations have included over the years:
- Opus Prize of Catholic Community Foundation
- The Frankfurt Metropolitan Lyons Club
- Blazing Design Inc. of Ontario
- DC Blessed Sacrament Tithe Program
- Stiftung Kinder-Hilde Foundation of Munich
- Chicago Community Foundation (Pat and Patty Crowley Fund)
- United Nations Federal Credit Union Haiti Fund
- United World Missions
- Georgetown University Latin American Student Association
- World Bank Family Network Book Project
PHC is also a member of GlobalGiving, the crowdfunding global platform for grassroots charitable projects.